Thursday 18 July 2013

Dinner in Boston

Im lucky to have met Kelly- seriously one of the nicest, awesomest people I've ever met.

We originally met on my very first day at Harvard in Harvard Square and we just started talking and then we have caught up a few times since then. Tonight we decided to go out to a nice restaurant in Boston called Tico (Mexican). It was really fancy and everyone had heels and suits on and we were just in summer dresses and sandals (oh well). The food was incredible- true, authentic Mexican and to top it off we had an extremely handsome waiter! After a few margarita's (the have over 80 different types of tequila!) we decided to dash to get cupcakes before they closed.

Now the story of Georgetown Cupcakes starts way back in 2011 when I came to the states with a friend that was obsessed with food. We were in DC and she was so excited to go to this bakery that had its own Tv show called DC Cupcakes, in which they would make different objects out of cupcakes. We had been all over Washington and thought we would just walk to Georgetown and get some. 2.5 hours later we made it to Georgetown only to find that there was a 30min line up for the shop. I was a bit hestitant to wait that long but figured if everyone else was doing it then they must be good. Boy O Boy best thing I have every tasted!!!!! So when Kelly told me that there was one on the Newberry St I was prepared to run in order to get them! We made it time and bought a 1/2 dozen to share (don't judge until you have had them! lol). We walked to the park and sat gloriously eating the best cupcakes in the world! Awww my mouth is watering as I write this. Anyhow it was an awesome night- great company, great food (it wasn't Annenberg woo!). So lucky to have met the people I have met, they have seriously made this trip what it has been!
 

 

 
coconut, red velvet, apple cinnamon, choc peanut butter, blueberry cheesecake, choc banana

No comments:

Post a Comment